Upper Arlington is a well-established neighborhood bordered by the Scioto River with close proximity to downtown Columbus. Residents enjoy the beauty of mature tree-lined streets, neighborhood parks and pools, top-notch schools, local libraries, a senior center, local restaurants, and specialty shops. Community events include the Labor's Day Arts Festival, Taste of Tri-Village, Music in the Park, and a spectacular 4th of July celebration. For more information visit About UA!
Founded by real estate developers in 1913, Upper Arlington is named in reference to its southern neighbor of Arlington (now known as Marble Cliff). Inspired by the Garden City, the town has curving streets lined with trees, giving Upper Arlington a pleasant, park-like feel. In 1916, the National Guard used the area as a temporary training camp, which stunted its growth for a short period of time. On March 20, 1918, Upper Arlington was incorporated as a village and officially became a city on February 8, 1941. After World War II, Upper Arlington experienced a major housing boom, and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.